Inia is mainly an agricultural, livestock-breeding and vine-growing village. The village counts around 400 inhabitants (2022).
The chapels and churches of Inia are well known in the area. The chapel of Agios Ioannis and Jesus Christ are the only 12th century chapels in Cyprus, with the sanctuaries of two churches standing next to each other. The church of Panagia Chryseleousa is the main church of the village, built in 1883. The highest point in the whole Akamas area, is 668 metres on ‘the mountain of Ais Giorkis’, named after the chapel of Agios Georgios that is located there. The chapel of ‘Panagia tou Vlou’ is a remnant of the monastery of ‘Panagia tou Vlou’ (of the Blind), which was looted by the corsairs.
The village has two spring fountains dating more than 120 years back, and is known for its basket weaving, samples of which are on display in the village’s Museum of Folkloric Art.
The charm of Inia is also evident in its coastline. The small peninsula of Lara with the beaches of Lara and Ammoudi is located to the West of Inia, and is famous for hosting the loggerhead and green sea turtles.
In Cyprus the green turtle breeds almost exclusively on the isolated sandy beaches of the area, from Toxeftra to Lara. The village also has a museum dedicated to the turtle, with rich exhibits that contribute to raising public awareness regarding the sea turtle.
Inia has a museum dedicated to the turtle, with rich exhibits that contribute to raising public awareness regarding the sea turtle.